- A STATEMENT ON LEGACY SUPPORT
- In the terminal world there is much cruft that comes from old and unsup‐
- ported terminals that inherit incompatible modes and escape sequences
- which noone is able to know, except when he/she comes from that time and
- developed a graphical vt100 emulator at that time.
- One goal of st is to only support what is really needed. When you en‐
- counter a sequence which you really need, implement it. But while you
- are at it, do not add the other cruft you might encounter while sneek‐
- ing at other terminal emulators. History has bloated them and there is
- no real evidence that most of the sequences are used today.
- Christoph Lohmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>